PIEDMONT AND WESTERN RAILROAD CLUB
What's New On Our Site?
May 13, 2015
May 5, 2015
April 18, 2015
March 17, 2015
- Added a photograph of the former Clinchfield depot at Sevier near Marion, NC.
Thanks to Brian Ezzelle for providing this rare 1968 photo by Ken Marsh.
March 13, 2015
March 3, 2015
February 26, 2015
February 24, 2015
January 27, 2015
January 13, 2015
January 7, 2015
December 25, 2014
December 23, 2014
- Added a eleven historic photographs of depots in Roxboro, Bailey, Belhaven, Colon, Duncan, Glendon,
Lillington, Marsden (Chocowinity), Rockton, Shawboro, and Zebulon.. The Roxboro photo is a N&W depot. The others are NS.
The Bailey photograph is an improved version of the photo which was formerly on the website. The Marsden photo is the original NS depot.
Marsden, Rockton and Shawboro are depots not previously shown on the website.
Once again these incredible photos have been provided by Brian Ezzelle.
December 12, 2014
- Added another historic photograph of the first Glen Alpine depot. We thank Bill Poteat for providing the photo.
December 4, 2014
November 16, 2014
October 1, 2014
September 23, 2014
September 5, 2014
August 1, 2014
July 17, 2014
July 1, 2014
June 22, 2014
June 5, 2014
March 15, 2014
March 8, 2014
May 2, 2014
April 27, 2014
- Added a historic photograph of the first Glen Alpine depot. The date and photographer of the photo is unknown but
it most likely from the late 1800s when the Western North Carolina Railroad (pre-1893) and the Richmond & Danville Railroad (1893)
operated through Glen Alpine. We thank Bill Poteat for providing the photo.
April 26, 2014
April 25, 2014
April 15, 2014
April 9, 2014
- Completely updated the listing of AAR reporting marks through April 1, 2014.
A huge number of new marks and reassigned marks were added. NOTE: That not all AAR marks appear because many
are not used in interchange service or, in some cases, the owners of the marks do not list them
in the Official Railway Equipment Register or other sources.
March 20, 2014
March 2, 2014
March 1, 2014
- Updated information on the Clover Loop (TStL&W) on the reporting mark page thanks to Dennis Brown.
- Added several turn of the century Iowa Railroads to the reporting mark pages thanks to James Duff with the
Heritage Park of North Iowa railroad/Trolley Museum
- Added seven photos of the former ACL-SAL union depot in Weldon thanks to John D. Jones
- Added a trackside photo of the former Seaboard Air Line passenger station in Monroe, also thanks to John D. Jones
- Added or changed many photos of webmaster Ken Humphreys' FP&WVRR home HO layout.
- Added a link to the history of the Rock Island Railroad.
February 25, 2014
- Added a photo of the New Bern ACL depot after the SAL merger.We thank Brian Ezzelle for this photo.
January 23, 2014
- Added a photo of the SAL freight depot in Wilmington..We thank Brian Ezzelle for this photo.
- Added a photo of the Mortimer showing three rail track and a vintage locomotive.We thank Victor Pope for this photo.
January 9, 2014
January 4, 2014
- Added a photo of the second SAL depot in Vass.We thank Brian Ezzelle for this photo.
- Added four 2013 photos of the restored Morganton depot illuminated as evening approaches.
Thanks to Kenny Mann for these photos
January 3, 2014
- Added a 1979 photo of the former Waynesville Southern Railway depot.
- Added a 1963 photo of the Seaboard Air Line Hamlet depot.
- Added a 1970 photo of the former Faison Atlantic Coast Line depot.
- Replaced the 1970 photo of the former Drexel Southern Railway depot with a better quality photo.
We thank Brian Ezzelle for these four photos.
- Added a 1939 photo of the former Southport Wilmington, Brunswick & Southern Railroad depot.
©2014-2015 Piedmont and
Western Railroad Club. All rights reserved