PIEDMONT AND WESTERN RAILROAD CLUB
What's New On Our Site?
October 1, 2014
September 23, 2014
September 5, 2014
August 1, 2014
July 17, 2014
July 1, 2014
June 22, 2014
June 5, 2014
March 15, 2014
March 8, 2014
May 2, 2014
April 27, 2014
April 26, 2014
April 25, 2014
April 15, 2014
April 9, 2014
- Completely updated the listing of AAR reporting marks through April 1, 2014.
A huge number of new marks and reassigned marks were added. NOTE: That not all AAR marks appear because many
are not used in interchange service or, in some cases, the owners of the marks do not list them
in the Official Railway Equipment Register or other sources.
March 20, 2014
March 2, 2014
March 1, 2014
- Updated information on the Clover Loop (TStL&W) on the reporting mark page thanks to Dennis Brown.
- Added several turn of the century Iowa Railroads to the reporting mark pages thanks to James Duff with the
Heritage Park of North Iowa railroad/Trolley Museum
- Added seven photos of the former ACL-SAL union depot in Weldon thanks to John D. Jones
- Added a trackside photo of the former Seaboard Air Line passenger station in Monroe, also thanks to John D. Jones
- Added or changed many photos of webmaster Ken Humphreys' FP&WVRR home HO layout.
- Added a link to the history of the Rock Island Railroad.
February 25, 2014
- Added a photo of the New Bern ACL depot after the SAL merger.We thank Brian Ezzelle for this photo.
January 23, 2014
- Added a photo of the SAL freight depot in Wilmington..We thank Brian Ezzelle for this photo.
- Added a photo of the Mortimer showing three rail track and a vintage locomotive.We thank Victor Pope for this photo.
January 9, 2014
January 4, 2014
- Added a photo of the second SAL depot in Vass.We thank Brian Ezzelle for this photo.
- Added four 2013 photos of the restored Morganton depot illuminated as evening approaches.
Thanks to Kenny Mann for these photos
January 3, 20143
- Added a 1979 photo of the former Waynesville Southern Railway depot.
- Added a 1963 photo of the Seaboard Air Line Hamlet depot.
- Added a 1970 photo of the former Faison Atlantic Coast Line depot.
- Replaced the 1970 photo of the former Drexel Southern Railway depot with a better quality photo.
We thank Brian Ezzelle for these four photos.
December 19, 2013
December 3, 2013
October 14, 2013
October 2, 2013
- Added a 1939 photo of the former Southport Wilmington, Brunswick & Southern Railroad depot.
September 9, 2013
August 26, 2013
August 6, 2013
July 30, 2013
July 17, 2013
June 1, 2013
May 14, 2013
April 27, 2013
- Added photos of the renovated Neuse, NC depot. We thank Nick Pino for providing these photographs.
April 4, 2013
- Added a tribute page in memory of Dr. Ben Garrou.
Ben was one of the original members of the Club. He passed away on April 8, 2013. He will be sorely missed.
- Added a new webpage section on the Norfolk Southern 21st century steam excursion program.
Eighty photos and video clips of SR 630 steam excursions in Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina.
March 28, 2013
March 4, 2013
- Added a photo of an Amtrak train at the platform in Wilson.
- Added a photo of the restored tower at
- Added several photos of the former ACL Emerson Shop buildings at Rocky Mount.
The photo sequence shows how the buildings have deteriorated over the years.
February 25, 2013
- Completely updated the listing of AAR reporting marks.
Over 200 new or reassigned marks were added along with several
hundred name changes or revisions for various companies.
©2013-2014 Piedmont and
Western Railroad Club. All rights reserved