Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
Two North Carolina Railroad Stations, a REA Building,
Shop Buildings, a Yard Tower, Fuel Tanks and an Open Shed in
Former Atlantic Coast Line Railroad depot. Now CSX Division Headquarters and Amtrak stop.
Built in 1903, Renovations in 1910, 1916 and 2000
Post card from the Art Peterson collection, circa 1911. Shows the depot after the wings had been added
but before a third floor was added.
The line off to the left in the branch to Lassiter.
Post card by Asheville Post Card Co, Asheville, NC, early 1900s after the third floor
was added to the depot. From the Alan Coleman collection.
1968 photo from the Brian Ezzele collection. Photographer unknown
The photos below show the station as it currently looks.
Rocky Mount yard tower
Nash County Railroad shop
Old Atlantic Coast Line Railroad fuel tanks
©1996-2011 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club