Piedmont and Western Railroad Club
Weaverville, North Carolina
Asheville & Eastern Tennessee Railroad trolley #4 at Weaverville depot, 1910. The A&ET was the former Weaverville Electric Railway & Power Company, which was purchased and renamed in 1909 by R. S. Howland. At its peak over ten trips a day ran from the Weaverville depot. A head-on crash in 1922 pushed the company into receivership and it shut down on November 29 of that year.
Photo © H. W. Pelton, 1910.
©1996-2008 Piedmont and Western Railroad Club