When the photo below was taken, it was believed to be the Carpenter Depot. Subsequently Brian Edwards informed us that the photo is actually the warehouse of Charlie Ferrell who ran a store in Carpenter until his death in 1933. Mr. Edwards' father then operated the store from 1936 to 1958. The Carpenter depot was located across the tracks from this warehouse and served both passenger and freight service. The depot was demolished in 1955 when a train hit a car and pushed it into the depot severely damaging the structure. D&S then made a decision to tear the rest of the building down.